Wolverhampton Clinical Commissioning Group (WCCG) is offering a second chance for local third sector organisations to apply for a grant. The purpose of this grant is to provide a service or benefit within the local Wolverhampton area and demonstrate a health impact for the population. It is to make sure small charities that help so many people to feel better in so many different ways get the chance to apply for money, that way they can continue or even expand their work.
The CCG is looking for applications (of up to £25,000) that match against the key priority areas for the coming year. These are as follows:
- Services focussed around people who have long terms conditions and/ or the frail and elderly
- Supporting independent living –with the intention of retaining independence wherever possible
- Combating social isolation – by taking a holistic approach and involving the voluntary sector more proactively we aim to reduce social isolation wherever possible.
- Right care, right place, right time
In the first round the applications which scored the highest against the priority criteria were those which met a minimum of three of these areas and could provide clear evidence for how this would be achieved.
For more information about this grant opportunity please refer to the Third Sector Grant Funding Policy online.
Applying for the Fund
Please complete the application form and ensure it is returned to Liz Hull at the below address, by 1.00pm on Wednesday 4 May 2016. Note that previous applications which were unsuccessful in the first round can be resubmitted for the second round consideration.
To offer support in applying for this grant they are holding a further workshop on the grant policy and hope you will be able to attend. Please note, this workshop has limited places (a maximum of two attendees per organisation) and booking is essential.
The workshop is taking place on:
- Tuesday 19 April, 2.00pm to 4.00pm at Wolverhampton Science Park.
Please book online and view further details via eventbrite: http://wccg-grantpolicy-round2.eventbrite.co.uk or call 01902 444859.
You will also find a copy of frequently asked questions about this process online. If you have any other questions please contact Liz Hull on 01902 445797.